A Sooty Intake (repost from old forum) ...
08-29-2016, (Subject: A Sooty Intake (repost from old forum) ... ) 
RE: A Sooty Intake (repost from old forum) ...
This is largely because "Technical Schools" are now creating these fancy Technicians. Nobody wants to be a lowly mechanic anymore.
If you want to be a technician, fine, go be a technition and work on computers. What really needs to be taught is that the ECM controls a mechanical device, and that the computer can't tell you everything. Unfortunately the big engine manufacturers trying to control costs on warranty claims create the infamous Troubleshooting Tree that the Techintion must follow, or they won't pay the claim stating that the service wasn't followed according to procedure. They have become so indoctrinated by these procedures, that even when it's not warranty and we are paying the bill they can't seem to break out of the blinders and actually find the Root Cause and fix it properly.
There doesn't seem to be any desire to continue on after the Techintion has solved the software or sensor issue and become a Mechanic to investigate the hardware to find the Root Cause and actually solve the problem.
Perhaps it's time to coin a new title, Mechanical Technition. An individual that solves the whole problem, not just a glorified computer repairman.

Those pics above are horrible, and the shop that worked on that truck and deemed it Fixed should be ashamed!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Sooty Intake (repost from old forum) ... - Hammerhead - 08-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.