Cm2350 Turbo Help please
08-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
Cm2350 Turbo Help please
So my turbo hasn’t given any issues knock on wood but after the dealership did a software update because of unrelated work I notice I was making more boost up to 36psi is as high as I let it go normal I never go over 30psi typically around 20 to 25 is when I back down. I was doing a EGR tube up, IMAP $84 EGR back pressure $140 and Delta p $200. I found oil in my air intake in between air filter and turbo it was filled in the rubber joint on valve cover. I cleaned and and started freaking, I pulled turbo inlet and pretty clean a little bit of Super black gum which I’ve assumed oil same as in rubber hose connector, I cleaned the turbo and began researching, my trucks at 700k original turbo, I called the dealer to price they only have a reman for $7500 without actuator. I went and pulled CAC line off turbo and it seemed pretty clean to me minus one dark stain inside which I’m gonna try to post this pic of, inside the hose also seemed clean I could not separate the orange rubber connectors they’re rusted so bad on the screws and springs and non removable rings, to separate would likely break them so I couldn’t see inside the orange where I’ve seen oil in other peoples pictures. Inside my Turbo Clean air outlet I could see what looked like little white specs which now have more worrying they are metal fragments. I had an oil sample 15,000 miles ago and it came back normal with normal wear metals from CAT lab. I’m basically being killed slowly with these increased costs of everything and my old equipment. So changing the turbo will be a very significant cost at this moment after I spent $3500 in the last 2 weeks on my Truck & Trailer so I’m hoping someone who knows seen this can guide me. I will change this turbo now if needed I cannot kill my engine but because so many people talk about changing turbos that don’t need to be changed I want to be as certain as possible. Thank you in Advance for your time & God bless !

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm2350 Turbo Help please - GhostHauling - 08-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.