Switch to dual straight pipes
03-07-2022, (Subject: Switch to dual straight pipes ) 
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes
(03-07-2022 )JimmyDw8xb Wrote:  ...
The engine has never been deleted (yet).
the EGR cooler was unplugged when I bought it and still is

first of all, this set of statements makes absolutely no sense. The EGR cooler does not have any wiring to "unplug" from it. It cools exhaust gasses and it is not an electrical device. .. -- and if it has been defeated in any way.. then the engine will have check engine lights on in the dash and it will derate on you. Because if it does not have any faults for something with the emissions systems unplugged/defeated, then it has a "delete" program in it.

maybe some pics of what you are referring to?.. because if someone has actually messed with the egr cooler itself.. rending it unable to transfer EGR gasses into the intake .. then YES!-- -IT IS a DELETED ENGINE!.

make your mind up.. be more specific.. because what you have said so far makes very little to no sense with that statement. It begs the question of what are you calling the "egr cooler"?.. maybe some pics of what your saying is "unplugged?"... is it the egr Valve?.. and if it is the EGR valve that is actually unplugged.. is there a fault code in the dash for it? and the check engine light is on?... and what fault code would that be?.

also, it being a 2007.. is this a CM871?... or maybe its a CM870 engine(some 2007 trucks were)?. If not sure then post the engine ser#, a pic of the data-plate, or something so that we know what engine you are referring to.

as far as exhaust pressure alarms...
Also, has anyone bothered to ensure the exhaust back-pressure and other engine sensors have been replaced?... and the circuit thru the thermostat housing for the exhaust pressure sensor is not clogged up?.. they tend to do that after the engine gets a lot of age on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes - Rawze - 03-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.