Switch to dual straight pipes
03-07-2022, (Subject: Switch to dual straight pipes ) 
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes
(03-07-2022 )Wildcard Wrote:  It's common fallacy that some think unplugging the egr valve "deletes" it. Now they think they have saved their engine from the soot monster. Unfortunately it's false...much like that stupid plug in module that makes your engine run in high altitude mode.

You're killing your engine...that unplugged egr valve is/has done more harm than good.

Actually, if it is a CM870 engine?. (and not a CM871 or newer).. the first post was not clear on this ... then unplugging the egr valve simply makes a derate for 10% power and limits boost. I have seen people run their CM870's like this for a million+ miles without issues, except to complain about turbo problems more often that they should. Other than the turbo running hotter than it should all the time, and boost only getting to about 32 psi or so (Spiking temporarily to about 36 then falling on its face again, due to the derate).. and therefore shortening the life of the turbo by about 1/3. - It is not the best thing in the world for a CM870 to be run like that, and you get check engine lights on all the time, but it is a far safer solution than someone's hack-job bad delete program being put in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes - Rawze - 03-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.