Help with swapping a ISX 871 to a ISX 2250 or 2350.
03-11-2022, (Subject: Help with swapping a ISX 871 to a ISX 2250 or 2350. ) 
RE: Help with swapping a ISX 871 to a ISX 2250 or 2350.
(03-11-2022 )UnitedDiesel340 Wrote:  Hi I have a customer who 871 spung main bearings. He currently want to install a 2250 or 2350
In his 386 pete 2010… mechanical wise I can get it install and also wiring .. I just want some advice on wiring it correctly .

(personal opinion)...
I have no idea why anyone would want to remove the best model ISX engine ever built (the CM871).. and replace it with something far more inferior ... and also that has higher operating and maintenance costs. This in my opinion is a bad move.. like jumping over a dollar to save a dime... even if it did save some moneys up front.. it will be much more costly in the end for the truck owner to do such a thing.

I am not being a nay-sayer.. but rather just pointing out the reality of what your about to do to this persons truck. BOTH you and them would be responsible for such a debacle!. Someone gotta be some kinda fool somewhere, to so easily let such a thing happen without some real deep considerations that are far beyond trying to save some moneys, or because they might have a spare engine laying around.

SELL THE NEWER ENGINE .. PUT THE MONEYS TOWARDS A REPLACEMENT CM871!. that would be my official advice on this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: UnitedDiesel340

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with swapping a ISX 871 to a ISX 2250 or 2350. - Rawze - 03-11-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.