Inframe vs. new crate motor?
04-27-2022, (Subject: Inframe vs. new crate motor? ) 
RE: Inframe vs. new crate motor?
(04-27-2022 )JMBT Wrote:  ...
Between him and Rawze they are the only two reasons this thing is still trucking at 880k. Most 2250 pop before half a million I am told!

Yes they often fail at about half a million on them or so ... but usually because they have been lugged to death with too tall of rear ends. That or abuse/neglect of some sort.

Otherwise, if they are cared and driven properly.. it is more like the 900k mile (or equivalent engine hours) range... many of them making it as far as 1.1 mil+ if they are babied for fuel +mileage, driven right without lugging them up every hill below 1500rpm, properly de-mandated with the official 'MM' style programming, and oil changed as recommended by MPG and not just a regular miles interval.

it can be done.. it can be repeated.. there is no need or excuse to torture this more expensive, more modern equipment. There is not much moneys in ignoring it and then hoping for the best, but to instead.. do everything right as much as possible.. so that you are not running off to a shop every 3 or 4 years, rebuilding it at half the cost of a new one.

just my thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inframe vs. new crate motor? - Rawze - 04-27-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.