Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
08-13-2022, (Subject: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions ) 
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
It needs to be geared properly for slinging around 80k lbs. That makes it hard to find a truck these days without investing an additional $4,500 in a proper set of rears after purchase.

Something with a set of 3.70's or maybe even 3.90's would be one of the better specs, and avoiding anything taller (lower ratio) than about 3.55's.

NEXT: ABSOLUTELY NO SUPER-SINGLES for a tanker!. It is very dangerous and can cause the tanker to flip if a tire is lost on the road.

As well, personally, I would want a set of 46k rated rears too. That way all the extra load on them while stopping, etc. is not over-stressing the rear axles of the truck.

Just some thoughts... and yeah, I would prefer a CM871 over anything newer too, unless someone is going to the communist state out west where they are soon to be not allowed any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions - Rawze - 08-13-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.