Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
08-13-2022, (Subject: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions ) 
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
An I-shift assumes a Volvo chassis. That is one of the worst, still-Aero trucks out there for fuel economy. It, with the I-shift is about 1.3 mpg less fuel efficient than a cascadia or prostar given all other circumstances the same. An I-shift makes it again less efficient by as much as 0.6 mpg vs a decent driver. Those Auto-s$itter trannies are not nearly as good as they advertise unless someone don't know how to drive a truck at all or shift it right.

If ya want something fuel efficient by design, then a Prostar would be the top choice for a tanker... just match up the height as best ya can for the trailer.

as far as gap in the cab to trailer.. it is important, but only by a few tenths unless you are a screaming demon on the road ways. It is far mote important to just simply slow the he@ll down a bit and drive by a boost gauge.

here is a comparison of different truck chassis vs fuel efficiency...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...88#pid2688

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions - Rawze - 08-13-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.