Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
08-13-2022, (Subject: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions ) 
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions
(08-13-2022 )Papa_Buck Wrote:  To figure the distance you need to turn is as follows...

Thank you for this^

(08-13-2022 )Pigpen 2869 Wrote:  I ran a hydraulic driven pump and compressor for a short while actually preffferrd shaft driven better. If you use heavy rears it will make it a lil difficult to hit the weight you are looking for. Once you start with hoses fittings stuff adds up real quick.

Indeed it does! Weight is something I need to figure out. The guys in the shop know the numbers on the rack/hoses/roper, etc. I'll need to get those figures again.

I like the idea of the hydraulic system, but for the price the roper pump is about 1/10th the price and only about 95lbs. I think that hydraulic system weighs in at ~400lbs. Also, I only use the pump about 10% of the time, so not sure if the hydraulic option is worth the price tag.

(08-13-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  If ya want something fuel efficient by design, then a Prostar would be the top choice for a tanker... just match up the height as best ya can for the trailer.

I'm open to other choices, but just leaning hard into your previous advice. Prostar or maybe Cascadia would be my first choice.

One point I will say is that for the work I did, I enjoyed the tighter turning radius of the volvo compared to the 680 or 660. It was often helpful in tight tank yards and a few customer yards, but not a deal breaker.

@Rawze, what's the weight on your tractor with tanks full? I heard Internationals run a little heavy. I'm also targeting 2011, since I think I read somewhere they shaved off 400lbs from previous years.

Cheers
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Choice For New O/O, Questions - Journey - 08-13-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.