ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
08-14-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
RE: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
(08-14-2022 )Rocky Wrote:  ...
The truck was a perfect candidate for "weight loss" surgery. I hated the idea of choking the motor with exhaust and being a W900; sounding like a pick-up truck.

I of course spent money (twice actually) to help in this regard and it has served me and my family well for the past nearly 200k miles. Until recently.

I've always known something wasn't quite right because with both the different shop "tunes", my truck sounds like a fighter jet about to take off when idling. The boost sits around 1.5 PSI. I am also lucky to see 5+ mpg loaded or 6 mpg empty; although it was not much better before surgery. So I lost what fuel economy I did have and if anything; as well as some performance.
What is my next theoretical step? Obtain CT and adjust variables based on recommendations? Who's? ISX15 parameters? The old "If you want it done right..." saying is truer more now than ever these days and I am running low on money and options in the current “climate”. Originally I thought "let the guys who do it everyday take care of it". How naïve of me.

I would bet my left nut that your truck is stuck in scr warmup, the timing is double what it should be, turbo maps are probably jacked, and it’s probably a file that someone bought from one of the “big name tuners” or copied from someone else’s truck. the last guy I had doing my tuning did this to ALOT of my customers trucks. in my opinion your truck needs to be set back to stock and then someone that knows what they are doing to properly tune your truck.

{part of post blocked by Rawze}

are too lazy to disable/turn off the components instead of just blocking codes then they are too lazy to properly tune an engine!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.