Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming
02-10-2023, (Subject: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming ) 
RE: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming
(02-10-2023 )mxmom777 Wrote:  So truck is at a parent certified Cummins repair shop and they are telling me this AV10239 program is incorrect for the engine serial number and that if they put it in the truck it’ll blow it sky high if it even starts. They told me that the pistons are hydrocarboned and the lower end needs to be rebuilt. Said it should have constant loss of power and burning a lot of oil, which it’s not doing either.

I called Cummins to confirm it is for North America and not country specific and it is dual use. They weren’t able to verify this place was even an authorized service locator any longer. So I reached back out to dealership to be advised by service advisor that I had no clue what I was talking about and that they just can’t go changing programming without first going through step by step.

I’m at the mercy of Cummins to make rbis truck operational or at least take it to a fair starting point to diagnose.

I hope like h$ell you realized that whoever you talked to was beyond a complete moron there. You should have pointed that idiot towards that TSB from cummins that I mentioned above there real fast, and put this complete retard in their place. -= That is telling of how utterly ignorant those OEM certified places really are.. they are beyond go##damn clueless!!!>

It also sounds to me like you need to stop drinking the cool-aide by those completely clueless OEM-certified repair shops. -= They are absolutely beyond the WORST places to take your truck and engine to..nonetheless to get any kind of advice from.

Did someone actually say these things ridiculous to you??. >.. or are you trying to troll my forum?.

I have owned, tracked, and worked on the CM871's since the days when they were the newest, hottest selling engine on the market.

Did you not read the official cummins TSB that I referenced to above???.
ref: http://rawze.com/publicfiles/docs/ISX/TS...umbers.pdf
This, like all other TSB's references are made by the engine manufacturer themselves (cummins corporate) and NOT some idiot OEM certified collection of dumbarsses that have been severely under-trained, or just don't give a damn past taking your moneys and selling you some parts to throw at it.

I don't know who you might have talked to, but what you describe sounds like some moron straight out of diesel mechanics school who is beyond goddamn clueless!. What a joke!

As far as the correct program that needs to be run your particular engine goes... you need to find out what design standard by which that the after-garbage DPF was made from. CUMMINS will not even be able to answer this question, as THEY DID NOT MAKE IT!. THE AFTER-GARBAGE COMAPNY DID.. AND LIKELY IT WAS SOMEONE IN CHINA!

And I'll bet you they will not have a correct answer,.. hence, exactly why I call them after-garbage!. Cummins will not know the answer to this. they did not invent the make and mopdel DPF unit that you have on the truck... and quite frankly.. It would not even surprise me if those units were not even officially approved by the EPA.

HENCE MY STATEMENTS ABOVE: Without an OEM dpf unit on it, it is anyone's guess!.

==============
and just for reference.. --- NO!>>>> Switching to the other program (based on the newer DPF style) will not "blow up your engine" like some complete idiot at the OEM place claims. It simply would have more DPF issues if it was a mis-match ... or might help resolve some issues if that is the program needed .. and nothing more. Those programs are otherwise 100% compatible with that engine.

here are the exact differences when looking at EVERY SINGLE LINE OF CODE IN THE PROGRAMMING!...

* The AV10239 program (EMD)- 'Emissions Diagnostics Manager' has a higher allowance for exhaust flow thru the DPF before a fault or cancellation sets in.

* The (SFP)' 'Soot Filter Protection' manager has a slightly tighter control for what is considered 'clean', 'dirty', and 'in need of deep cleaning' requirements... yet has a loose tolerance on the amount of NOx gasses that can get thru it. -= these setting changes overall are a kind of give and take scenario based on a different DPF element designs.

* The (SFP)manager is set to have its de-soot requests a bit more lenient for the AV10239 vs. the AV10046 program.

* The (SFR)- 'Soot Filter Reduction' manager is set to allow a bit more soot buildup (allows more back-pressure) in the AV10239 program vs. the AV10046 before a regen request is initiated... BUT the max soot load allowed is slightly lower. Again, this is a 'give and take' type of scenario for the DPF allowances based on different designs.

If anyone wants to see this for themselves ... I am more than willing to share my desktop via a streaming service and show/go-over every single line of code in both of programs so that they can see it with their own eyes too... unlike the OEM-certified collection of idiots who do not even have access to this, nor would even know what they were looking at if they did.... I have software that can see 100% of everything in both of these programs.

-=====================

ALL OTHER SETTINGS IN THESE 2 PROGRAMS ARE 100% IDENTICAL!!... All the hardware for the engine is the same. all the timing, injector settings, fuel-air-mix, fuel pump flow, intake and exhaust flow, turbo, .. literally all of the other 7,900+ program settings are 100% identical to each other!. -== The AV10239 is EXACTLY THE SAME PROGRAM as the AV10046 in every single way with only the exact changes that I mentioned above. .. so...

If that AV10239 program was so damned dangerous... according to whatever complete fusck$tart, under-educated idiot that you talked to there... then so is the AV10046 just as equally.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , mxmom777 , Bengy88

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help! Cummins Isx CM871 Programming - Rawze - 02-10-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.