EGR hose leaking fluid
02-22-2023, (Subject: EGR hose leaking fluid ) 
EGR hose leaking fluid
Ive been monitoring this leak from the rubber EGR hose for a month now. Tightened those clamps several times to the point they won't tighten anymore and the leak still persists. I had my EGR cooler checked just quickly by removing the clamp to look inside and it was dry but that was also after the truck sat for sometime. Peterbilt thought that because my VGT actuator was malfunctioning it was creating excess pressure and forcing a leak from that hose but it's been a week with my new actuator and all is well except this leak came back the other day and seems to get worse now. Is it even possible for that fluid to be moisture/oil/unburnt fuel? Or if there is fluid in that part of the system is it almost certainly coolant from the EGR cooler? It's not a massive leak so the cooler could easily dry up inside I think to give the impression it's okay but then when I drive it could start leaking again.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
EGR hose leaking fluid - Josiah Harder - 02-22-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.