EGR hose leaking fluid
02-23-2023, (Subject: EGR hose leaking fluid ) 
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid
(02-23-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  What color is it? Does it smell like fuel? Are you loosing coolant? Any soot in your surge tank? 90% of the time it is indeed the egr cooler. You can usually pull the pipe and tell if it’s coolant…… BUT, egr is recirculated exhaust, so if you have a cracked head, leaking injectors, cracked liner….. etc. then it would also put that in the egr pipes ( I mostly added that to scare you) remove the cooler, buy or build a pressure tester and test it….. or let peterbuilt rail you with their prices for testing it
Hey Bengy! It's black like oil but I'm thinking even coolant would be black after being in that tube with the exhaust and heat. It doesn't smell like fuel to me though I haven't been able to collect large amounts of liquid since it drips off slowly. I haven't noticed loss of coolant except the last 2 weeks it's been drained by 2 different shops and both times I had to add more after so I just assumed some was lost. Ive had that pipe by the cooler pulled off twice to check for leaks and both times it's been dry but also the truck had sat for a couple days and maybe it only leaks when I drive and then evaporates. Is it possible to be oil or even just moisture? I don't want fluid in my EGR system messing it up though or going back into my cylinders probably
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid - Josiah Harder - 02-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.