EGR hose leaking fluid
02-23-2023, (Subject: EGR hose leaking fluid ) 
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid
(02-23-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Are you having to add coolant regularly to the engine to keep it topped off?.
Its hard to say if I'm losing coolant because in the last 2 weeks I had it drained twice and each time after I had to add more but I thought that was because some was lost during the transfer. Before that I wasn't losing much coolant but I'm going to monitor it closely this week. I was just at Peterbilt and they took the back of that pipe off to look inside and I seen it was totally dry and free of build up in that pipe directly after the cooler. I will try the PSI test when I get a chance though I will have to find a cap that can attach to a pump like that to do it. I'm starting to think it's not coolant because that pipe should have been a mess if it was but it was clean and dry. Yet something is still leaking from the top hose. I don't think it's simply moisture because it was -13C this morning and that fluid wasn't frozen. It also doesn't smell like diesel though. I washed the engine and am going to monitor it closely for other leaks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid - Josiah Harder - 02-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.