EGR hose leaking fluid
02-25-2023, (Subject: EGR hose leaking fluid ) 
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid
(02-24-2023 )Cartman Wrote:  I had the same sorta exh leak on my 871 just not as sooty wet looking, replaced the hose and better clamps PN 2882472

Looking at the photos does it seem the oil leaks and egr leak are unrelated to each other?

You were right I found one of the bolts in the corner of the valve cover is leaking oil and running down a piece of metal above the EGR hose and dripping down the back side of it. Seeing the exhaust leak I just assumed it was all related but whatever that exhaust leak was it's dried up and the inside of my EGR hose is dry and clean too. I washed the engine which allowed me to see it wasn't actually originating from that hose. Strange that oil would be making its way through one of those top bolts though. It's not very much but enough to fill up that cavity in the valve cover that the bolt goes into within a day and then drip down. Is that entire valve compartment filled with oil under pressure when the engine is running that it would be seeping out the top like that?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR hose leaking fluid - Josiah Harder - 02-25-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.