No start cm 870
07-31-2023, (Subject: No start cm 870 ) 
RE: No start cm 870
(07-30-2023 )Ron1 Wrote:  I have power at the shutoff. I gutted it anyway to elimate it. Nothing
I did give it a sniff of either and it ran for a second and then died.
I double checked fuses and they are good also checked power connector at computer and it has 12.3 v matching if battery.
So weird how when they shutoff they just die. No burp no buck just stop running.

I hope you disconnected the wire from ecm going to the shutoff solenoid before applying power to the coil. If you put external power to the solenoid coil and it is still wired to the ecm, it will burn out the circuit inside the ecm that activates the solenoid. Seen people do that before.

You need to get Insite software connected to it and look at the fuel pressure while cranking if possible. make sure its well above 50+ psi or the cylinders will not even try to fire off.

Also you mentioned that there is zero oil pressure while cranking. It takes a good 15-20+ seconds to register,... and only registers a few psi, but the gauge should show something. If not then it is most likely a dying ecm. May also be why you cannot communicate with it properly too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
No start cm 870 - Ron1 - 07-30-2023,
RE: No start cm 870 - Ron1 - 07-30-2023,
RE: No start cm 870 - Rawze - 07-31-2023
RE: No start cm 870 - Ron1 - 08-02-2023,
RE: No start cm 870 - Rawze - 08-03-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.