X15
09-03-2023, (Subject: X15 ) 
RE: X15
(03-14-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  What is actually same ...
----Overhead cam =- same
----Connecting rods =- same
----block =- same between the Efficiency and Productivity series.
----crank =- same between the Efficiency and Productivity series.
----injectors =- same
----Intake valves on head =- same

What is actually different ...
----head =- different (due to different exhaust valves only)

----pistons =- Performance AND Productivity series has the different (due to slightly different compression ratio) than the efficiency series.

----block =- Performance series has Slightly shorter and heavier than the one used on the Productivity/efficency series engines.

----crank =- Performance series has Slightly shorter and heavier than the one used on the Productivity/efficency series engines.
reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid51650

-- I.E.> They have different hard parts (at least they did when I looked them all up on quickserv back then).

=============

And if your looking at truck purchases these days, like bengy88 roughly said,... its very difficult to find a truck that has not been lugged to an agonizing death below 1500RPMits whole life, and ready for an inframe by the time it gets to 500k miles on it.

All the mega-fleets are gearing their trucks these days way too tall so that they cannot produce full horsepower (in the name of saving a bit of fuel, directly at the cost of the engine longevity) and this cuts engine life essentially in half. - They don't care, because they get rid of that truck at or before that point, and then unsuspecting single truck O/O's will come along or a used truck fleet and buy them up with the false assumption that it still has half a million miles left in it, only for it to plague them and make then go out of business.

(the beer is talkin')...
- God bless all those big-fleet corporate bean counters and spread-sheet warriors who figured all this stuffs out. Its so common now that someone is hard pressed to find a decent used truck that isn't more than 8+ or 10+ years old and actually spec'd right for someones operations. They are rare any more. Ask one of these moron spread-sheet warriors how they sleep at night, and they would be proud to tell you that they saved their company millions of $$$$ with those wacky ideas and be all proud of it and s#it.

Go ahead and try to find a newer model mid-tier truck with an X15 in it and a decent set of rears, 3.55's (or better yet, 3.79's maybe 3,90's) + a manual 13-speed (or 10-speed) tranny in it that has been well cared for those first half-million miles.
Here is he typical scenario: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid37802

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Andre_The_Giant , JimT

Messages In This Thread
X15 - tsolson - 09-02-2023,
RE: X15 - Bengy88 - 09-03-2023,
RE: X15 - Rawze - 09-03-2023
RE: X15 - tsolson - 09-04-2023,
RE: X15 - tree98 - 09-05-2023,
RE: X15 - JimT - 09-04-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.