Ca%lterm
09-17-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
RE: Ca%lterm
(09-17-2023 )JHeavy_Hauler Wrote:  Bummer...... I really wish I would have found this forum about a month sooner!!!
Would have really changed my view on buying a truck with modified emissions. Anyway, nothing I can do know but make the best of it. Thank you Rawze and Bengy88.

So the truck is a 2014 Freightliner 122SD with the ISX15. Picked it up this Friday at the auction site. On site mechanic confirmed it had been de-mandate and sure enough, 500 miles down the road, check engine light comes on with spn 641 fmi 9 / 11. Guaranteed bad program!
Got the truck home now! Scared to drive it until I can get this figured out. At this time it would be financially devastating to my working capital to revert back to stock emissions. Thanks in advance for any advice!

(all common rail model ISX'S)...
you need to also check, and replace the fuel pump guts (due every 400k miles or the engine gets totally destroyed with no warning) to prevent total engine destruction without warning ... you need to go thru the whole engne and do overhead valve adjustment, all maintenance up to date + a rail leak-down test before calling it even remotely ok to drive.

ensure a Maint.free crank case filter is installed, proper check to ensure ALL 3 of the cans under the truck are 100% hollowed to the bare metal, Proper block-plate between egr cooler and cylinder #1. etc.etc.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn and do towards properly owning that red engine so that it does not end up torn up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHeavy_Hauler

Messages In This Thread
Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-17-2023,
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - Bengy88 - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - Rawze - 09-17-2023
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-24-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - trucklogger2 - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-18-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-18-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - windowrattler - 09-24-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.