X15 Returning fault 2692
09-19-2023, (Subject: X15 Returning fault 2692 ) 
X15 Returning fault 2692
Hello all and thank you for allowing me to join Rawze.com. I am currently working on a 2018 Cummins X15 and have a continuing returning fault 2692.= 2692 PID: SPN: 3936 FMI: 2 Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter System- Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. THAT is the code description per Cummins however if you go through Cummins diagnostics, It states to confirm latest calibration, replace DPF(or clean I presume) and/or replace PM sensor (this is from memory) This sounds to me like the PM sensor is reading soot(or to much soot) however the Fault description sounds like an electrical issue?? I have no other faults and this started proceeding a stuck VGT actuator, turbo and actuator replaced with a hand full of associated codes cleared, a few parked regens, all data looked good and out the door but has returned once and replaced the PM sensor and now back again. I believe the next step is to inspect/replace DPF filter yet I am hesitant to as on line I find others replacing DPF and PM sensor only to have code still return! Any info suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
X15 Returning fault 2692 - Innocent Bystander - 09-19-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.