X15 Returning fault 2692
09-20-2023, (Subject: X15 Returning fault 2692 ) 
RE: X15 Returning fault 2692
When is the last time an EGr tune-up was done?.

How many miles/engine hours on the truck?.

some more history, and if there are other codes that come and go.

by the way, that 2692 code is telling you that the PM sensor for the DPF is reading too high all the time.... meaning it is detecting excess soot coming from the engine.

Could be a cracked DPF element.. but more likely the engine is making too much soot .. hence an EGr tune-up and replacing the IMAP sensor, other EGR sensors, and cleaning out the piping etc.. for the engine.

I.E.> the ENGINE is what makes the soot not the cans under the truck... and most people completely neglect the engine and its egr piping, sensors. etc. until its far too late, and the DPF and other components under the truck are suffering the dire consequences of such constant neglect.

These trucks are NOT drive it till the lights come on type of vehicles. Proper tune-up work and preventative maintenance needs to happen on a regular schedule .. or you have nothing but problems.

- I would say start with a thorough EGR tune-up on the engine and also pull that DOC and DPF.. take pictures of their faces and post them here on the forum for some opinions on their condition. - Take them to a certified stealers$it and have them properly baked, de-ashed, flow tested, etc. for a few hundred bucks and go from there.

ALSO make sure you have the latest software installed into the ecm, because there has been a lot of ecm software updates regarding issues like you describe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Innocent Bystander

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 Returning fault 2692 - Rawze - 09-20-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.