Ca%lterm
09-24-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
RE: Ca%lterm
(09-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
(all common rail model ISX'S)...
you need to also check, and replace the fuel pump guts (due every 400k miles or the engine gets totally destroyed with no warning) to prevent total engine destruction without warning ... you need to go thru the whole engne and do overhead valve adjustment, all maintenance up to date + a rail leak-down test before calling it even remotely ok to drive.

ensure a Maint.free crank case filter is installed, proper check to ensure ALL 3 of the cans under the truck are 100% hollowed to the bare metal, Proper block-plate between egr cooler and cylinder #1. etc.etc.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn and do towards properly owning that red engine so that it does not end up torn up.

Thank you Rawze for the tips and needed direction. I have almost completed all of your suggestions! I have an idea I want to run by you on checking piston condition just for further peace of mind.

I have a bore scope camera and want to run it into the cylinder to take a look! What would be the best location to access the cylinder to take a peek? Is this something would would even recommend?

.......a few hours later and I watch one of your videos scoping the cylinder after you pull and injector!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-17-2023,
RE: Calterm - Rawze - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - Bengy88 - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - Rawze - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-24-2023
RE: Ca%lterm - trucklogger2 - 09-17-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-18-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - JHeavy_Hauler - 09-18-2023,
RE: Ca%lterm - windowrattler - 09-24-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.