Needing Help ISX CM870 CPL8518
09-25-2023, (Subject: Needing Help ISX CM870 CPL8518 ) 
RE: Needing Help ISX CM870 CPL8518
A lot to unpack there in your post. It sounds to me like you actually have 3 problems.

Problem #1 .. If that VG turbo is gone, has been removed, then hands down without any question or doubt,.. ITS A BAD, GARBAGE-CAN DELETE!!!. So That needs to be fixed ASAP too!

Problem #2 .. Sounds to me like you got some complete moron of a mechanic that did not use a proper damn torque wrench when you had the repairs done. - This means that the rest of the job is just as half arssed!... and those people are most likely completely damn clueless!. YES. you need a new head at this point for sure, from what you are describing .... BUT this leads to problem #3...

If that the engine has 800K + miles on it .. AND YOU REMOVE THAT HEAD .. then its inframe city + raising the liners etc.. etc. or all of what you do and moneys spent on only the head is completely wasted, and it will fail with a dropped liner or some other major issue in short order. .. SO...

Your next move is to find someone WHO CAN DO AN INFRAME CORRECTLY.. which is very hard to find these days. Someone who will DO IT TO THE LETTER, ACCORDING TO WHAT WE RECOMMEND ON THIS FORUM!, IN THIS POST: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606
... and that is damn near impossible to find these days, because there are too many shops who half-arsse everything any more... especially horrible, are the OEM shops.

and while all that is being done.. TO PUT BACK THAT DAMN VG TURBO!!.. and get that bad delete trash file out of that ecm!, so that you are not running around with the engine eating its out guts out, it leading to a shortened engine life due to excessive internal friction all the time.

How does that saying go?... you can lead the horse to water??? . but some people choose to suffer in self denial instead, just because they might have gotten away with trash enigne abuse like that for a little while>? .. DON'T BE THAT HORSE!!!.

If I owned it and was in thqat situation ...
I would inframe it.. PROPERLY as mentioned in the link above ... it due at this point and that is NOT the other shops problem. I would however make them foot the bill for the new head itself (a brand new one, not a reman) itself... as they screwed it up to begin with.

I would also put back the VG turbo / manifold, etc. on the engine side, get rid of the garbage program, and put a 100% certified to be clean and safe de-mandate program in it that was properly made for that exact engine ser# in it to protect that investment properly instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktblogistics

Messages In This Thread
RE: Needing Help ISX CM870 CPL8518 - Rawze - 09-25-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.