ISX CM 871 intermittent smoke
09-24-2016, (Subject: ISX CM 871 intermittent smoke ) 
RE: ISX CM 871 intermittent smoke
(09-24-2016 )deepster77 Wrote:  i have an isx cm871 in my 2009 peterbilt. i have intermittent turbo " cough" and an occasional white smoke smelling like fuel. it seems to be overfueling occasionally. i have replaced 3 turbos, all timing and metering selenoids, injectors, complete genuine cummins overhaul, head rebuilt, imapsensor, exhaust back pressure sensor, and delta p sensor. dpf has been cleaned and baked. had it dyno'd at kenworth nad they said all is good, had a mechanic data log it on a trip and send results to cummins and they said its ok. but i know that this engine shouldnt smoke and i know what over fueling smells like. HELP!!!
the ecm did need 7 updates and those were done earlier this week. no codes on the dash.

All those new parts and your still letting the soot eat the insides of that engine again just like the first time around like an acid? -- What a shame.

Either get a bypass filter on it and learn to take care of that truck yourself, or get it de-mandated asap.

Wasting all those tens of thousands of dollars at the stealerships only puts you deeper in debt. it is no way to own a truck at all, because you will never have anything to show for it.

I PM'd you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX CM 871 intermittent smoke - Rawze - 09-24-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.