Peterbilt 386 starts and dies immediately
11-16-2023, (Subject: Peterbilt 386 starts and dies immediately ) 
RE: Peterbilt 386 starts and dies immediately
(10-27-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-27-2023 )shawn21998 Wrote:  UPDATE:Not sure if anyone cares but I thought I'd give an update. After testing and inspecting I have found the fuel shutoff solenoid is only getting 9v at connector, when measured with good ground voltage is 12v. Removed ECM engine harness connector and insured wiring is under 1 ohm for connector. Seems like ECM has short on ground circuit and is causing voltage drop. Im trying a test ECM and will update accordingly. Thank everyone for your suggestions.

My fuel shutoff solenoid on my CM871 went bad years ago. I removed its guts to get the engine running again, and off the side of the roads.. and have not bothered to fix it for about 300,000 miles now...lol. - Engine starts and stops just fine without it.

I got the new ECM and unfortunately the truck still has the same issue. Still trying to figure it out... The only active code is SPN 168 FMI 1 SAE- Battery potential (Voltage) Data valid but below normal operational range - Most severe level. From component #128. I can't find any info on that code or what component 128 is.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterbilt 386 starts and dies immediately - shawn21998 - 11-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.