Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
11-30-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
RE: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
the iva system changes the compression ratio of the engine significantly. If the iva valves are disabled (left closed) then it will run 19:1 compression ration all the time. The engine was not designed for that ... and if it boosts to more than about 32- 33 psi or so with 19:1 compression ratio (iva valves closed), then it will cause significant damage to the engine.

I.E..> It is not a simple matter of just 'bypassing' them and driving it. Engine damage will occur unless a whole lot of other things (like significantly lowering the intake boost pressure, lowering the injection timing for the higher compression ratio, etc.etc.) has to happen to go with it.

There are also a whole lot of complete morons out there that would tell you all kinds of other things related to this, who hack those yellow engines into utter redneck oblivion .. so beware.

=========

Find the right replacement parts.. keep the engine running as intended.. and don't go down that road of eventual engine destruction/ engine butchering. It will cost you a lot more in the end.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cat c15 BXS IVA issues - Nerv - 11-30-2023,
RE: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues - Rawze - 11-30-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.