2022 T880 Endurant 12 sp 2.79 ratio
01-24-2024, (Subject: 2022 T880 Endurant 12 sp 2.79 ratio ) 
RE: 2022 T880 Endurant 12 sp 2.79 ratio
(01-24-2024 )farmer_luke Wrote:  ...
I've checked with my local shop about demandating and they said it's an option but how do I know if they'll do a good job? What do I need to be able to send the code to be looked at by someone who knows good programming from bad?

As far as de-mandating it goes.. I am sure there are a dozen places you could take it to.. but you will not find anything but bad delete programming, though all of them would try to convince you that they are the best in town. This, even if you took it to 100+ places well known and all.. and then you will be crying on here in about 2 years that you f#ucked up and have a bad delete. - It is more than 95+% (without even exaggerating it) of all shops that do that type of work are completely horrible at it and the programming is even worse, severely shortening the life of the engine, at the end of the day.

-- It is an ISX ... They love to be worked on and all info, parts lookup, repair procedures, etc. to anything you need is available for free for them. that IS their only and biggest advantage for owning one.

-- so go buy yourself a cheap win10 laptop and a $300 "inline-6 data-link adapter kit" and then you can become self reliant on troubleshooting it to keep it away from $$$ repair shops every time a check engine light flashes.

-- AND so that you can simply copy the program out of the ecm yourself or with the help of someone .. and then e-mail it to someone trustworthy that can review any programming, make any adjustments (de-mandate, etc.) needed... WITHOUT GETTING RIPPED OFF AND REGRETTING the most likely bad delete you were considering there, ... AND WITHOUT SPENDING any $$$ BIG DOLLARS.

-- This also puts control of any custom files, etc. directly in your own hands so that in the future if the ecm ever goes bad, or the program ever gets lost, etc. ... you will have a backup copy of it yourself + the means to put it back! ... and are not at the mercy of whoever did it the first time.

How does that saying go?... you can lead the horse to water?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , ktblogistics

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 T880 Endurant 12 sp 2.79 ratio - Rawze - 01-24-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.