PETE 587 ISX15 EATON ULTRASHIFT Jumping/shaking really bad when placed in drive
01-25-2024, (Subject: PETE 587 ISX15 EATON ULTRASHIFT Jumping/shaking really bad when placed in drive ) 
RE: PETE 587 ISX15 EATON ULTRASHIFT Jumping/shaking really bad when placed in drive
(01-25-2024 )Alexp86 Wrote:  
(01-25-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  keep a close eye on the engine rpm. Is it floating around or creeping up?.

What rpm is the engine set at for idle?.

When it did it yesterday I did notice on startup it was 1 higher around 8 for about 5 seconds and it dropped. Its normally a hair bellow 7, 690.

DO an injector leak test on it to see if it will pass.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

Also, the rpm for most auto-s$itter trannies needs to be below 650rpm for them not to get jumpy and want engage like that.

Engine could be idling up on its own due to leaky injector(s) or the fuel pedal acting up.

Are you letting those idiots at the truck wash places wash under the hood?... That IS A BIG NO-NO!. and will cause the fuel pedal to randomly act up among other problems, especially so on Pete's and KW's.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PETE 587 ISX15 EATON ULTRASHIFT Jumping/shaking really bad when placed in drive - Rawze - 01-25-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.