Prostar trouble
05-09-2024, (Subject: Prostar trouble ) 
RE: Prostar trouble
If nobody ever made an ecm template, or a backup of the truck specific settings, and also did not have a proper backup of the engine file via CT before screwing with it, ... then most often, the only way to get all of the vehicle/dash settings back is to take the ecm off the truck, and take it down to the stealers$it / pay them to re-flash the ecm + apply the factory template again, as if you were buying a brand new ecm from them. It typically costs a few hundred bucks.

BEFORE TAKING THE ECM TO THEM THOUGH ... pre-flash the right factory program back into it according to the engine/truck ser#, not some up-rated garbage that may not even be for a Prostar. This even if it is still missing all the dash/vehicle settings, using a blank Incal file. - It is far less of a headache (and is typically cheaper) for the moron at the stealers$it to simply only have to restore the truck-specific settings, instead of having to flash the whole thing + charge you extra for 'fleet counts' etc.. because it had the wrong program in it.

After that, the ecm re-installed on the truck, and the engine needs to be run for at least 10 minutes to settle/restore the ecm's ram memory,. etc. Then all the buttons, etc. in the dash verified to ensure everything is all working.

The engine file can them be backed up / copied out of the ecm via CT after it is all back working correctly, and the file is now clean and not boogered up by some idiot!.

=============
It then can be e-mailed to me and 'fixed' according to what power and other needs, whatever needs to be done within reason, and then simply copied back in.

Personally, I would bill the other shop for the costs of having to have the stealers$hit recover the lost settings + any labor for removing and re-installing the ecm, just to punish them for their idiot mistakes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Prostar trouble - Mcwrench94 - 05-08-2024,
RE: Prostar trouble - Rawze - 05-09-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.