X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
05-11-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
(05-11-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  They sent me a replacement. It didn't change it. I believe I have a couple of weak jakes. I just haven't had time to check them. I've been driving it a Lil different. I usually let the rpms drop out with the jakes to push it out of gear and down shift. Been doing that way for 25 yrs. So now I pull it out at about 1300 and downshift. It hasn't done it since. But I've got to pull the valve cover and check the jakes running. Thank you for your help.

- Although your program has nothing harmful towards the engine in it (the de-mandate part of it was done properly), the base program itself that was used to create it is very old too at this point too. The base program is more than 6+ years out of date. There have been a lot of fixes and updates by the red engine maker since then for that model engine. The de-mandate itself could also use some updating at this point too.

I.E.> - It would be a good idea at this point to go ahead and update the base program itself + also update the versions of de-mandate to go with it. This can be done by ...

... backing up all the truck settings in Insite via a work order+ ecm template.

... Flashing the ecm back to its latest factory programming that belongs to that ser# engine.

... Restoring the truck settings into the new flashed program (restore the backed up template).

... running the engine on the new program for for 10 minutes to stabilize everything.

... then copying out the new program out with CT and e-mailing it to me, so that I can re-apply and update the rest.

... and then simply flashing back in, the updated copy after all the changes are made.

=======
Who knows ... updating to the latest base engine software might even cure part of your issues ... but one never knows until its done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake - Rawze - 05-11-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.