Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
10-11-2016, (Subject: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. ) 
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
(10-10-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  I'm lost-I have done 3 different trucks of mine all cm870's and I didn't see an O ring anywhere while putting dimes in.

hahahahaha jordan you crack me up!

there is a cap that holds the dogbone in the bore of the pump. when you pull the cotter key it pops out and has a oring cut into the end of it. If you did not put it back you would be having serious issues and would know about them very soon after startup.

Pulled a lube pump apart and Unilevers is right. It there. On the small plug spacer that goes under the cotter key there is a small O-ring. This Mod is so easy-seriously anyone considering it just do it. It takes longer to clean the oil pan before re-install than anything else.

Also of note-I don't know about conventional trucks but on my stinger car carriers I have to put a bottle jack between the axle and frame and move them apart to get the oil pan out.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. - jorden486 - 10-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.