isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure
10-12-2016, (Subject: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure ) 
RE: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure
(10-12-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 )ktbtrucking Wrote:  they has changed the lift pump but still no start, changed high pressure pump and runs great now, they advised me that lift pump was bad also and it might have caused high pressure pump to fail, thank all for the help

otherwise known as they fucked up and have to justify the lift pump.

I agree -- mostly ...
Even if this guy would have called me in the middle of the night from the side of the road, I still would have recommended the gear pump first after knowing it only made 70 PSI. The lift pump is bypassed by a check valve as soon as the gear pump primes and makes pressure.

Even so,.. Bad guess-work aside -- A new lift pump and clean-out of the intake screen, check valve, dong a leak-down on the injectors, etc. and checking the actuators etc. is not a bad idea as an investment if those components were old and had a lot of miles and use on them. So, in the end,... you have really lost nothing unless those components that were replaced are new and not worn out yet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure - Rawze - 10-12-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.