Propane injection
10-12-2016, (Subject: Propane injection ) 
RE: Propane injection
The kits out there are supplemental kits. They do help older engines by increasing the combustion efficiency. It helps create a better flame front when the fuel is squirted in the engine because the propane ignites before the diesel. Instead of 85% of the btu's being burned are driving the piston down you get closer to 95%. In actuality the propane isnt even a part of driving the piston down. Diesel truck magazine took a 5.9 that was at 15mpg and got it to 24 but you have to remember that you are consuming propane.....which is more expensive than diesel right now.

A place called Carburetion and Turbo systems in Minnesota can give you more info. They specialize in these systems and I know the owner.

Would I do it? No. My guy listed above can get you a system for $1400 and you buy the tank and install it yourself. He says its getting the guys a 1mpg difference in fuel mileage.....but by the time you figure in the propane burned its not much of an advantage.

I will say that propane burns cleaner so by definition you would be burning cleaner.....maybe if you idled a lot you could substitute propane by as high as 50% and help there. I would not spend $3k on a system.....just wasted money compared to the mandate removal. Move on.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Propane injection - mmmmmm - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Unilevers - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - preacherboy24 - 10-12-2016
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.