Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...
04-16-2016, (Subject: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)... ) 
RE: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...
(04-12-2016 )joesherrie12 Wrote:  I have a little over 750k on my isx should I start putting gear oil in it? Or is it to late?

Run the gear lube, I started using it at around 750,000 miles after my mm, and she liked it, as it helped boost my oil pressure. It also quieted her down a bit and other than the stares at Speedco, I will continue to use the Sta-Lube on my fresh motor. The gear oil has the additives that our motors need, especially the zinc. That is an interesting read in itself, the zinc as an additive, or also known as ZDDP and how it all works. In my mind, the more zinc the better, especially in our low pressure motors.

Just to add, I'm in for an in-frame too, at 900,000. I am the third owner of the truck, and the only real records I have been able to find for this truck are the oil changes. She had regular service at 15,000 or so miles since new. Always used Rotella T regular oil and FleetGuard filters. When we pulled the motor apart, the cam lobes were still good, no sign of wear. The head journals were good too along with rod and main bearings. I had a slight copper spike in my last oil analysis and really cannot visually see where that came from. I do know that I was starting to lose oil pressure, she was down to 32 to 34 psi when I took her in along with the blown head gasket and at least one bad injector. All injectors are being replaced along with to many parts to list...

It was time...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)... - Waterloo - 04-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.