Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
06-07-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
(06-07-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Good job, most folks will not go that far, run her! Give us the particulars on the truck too, mileage, etc... What are you using for, etc...

Stethoscope, damn good idea.

Thanks, just thought it might help someone out. truck has 970,000KM, engine has been replaced (drop in) hour meeter reads 11950. Its a gravel truck sometimes pulling a pup or equipment trailer. there are some other issues im working thru, pulling hard it starts missing a bit over 1300 rpm, gonna do an injector leak test. Jakes wernt all working when hot, put a tune up kit in it and its way better, but not perfect, i suspect worn jake gallerys on the rockershaft. Done the oil pump mod, i used good quality washers rather then dimes, that way it was easy to install them in the pump while it was still on the engine. i stacked the washers with a thin layer of grease between them and put a screwdriver thru them all and slid it in the pump that way, worked really well. wish i put 1 or 2 more washers, 43-44 PSI when engine is hot at 1500 RPM. next oil change i might drop the pan again. Im running rotella with a bit of gear oil like Rawze suggested, not too much carbon in the oil filter. Set the overhead as shown by Rawze, including injectors with the correct torque wrench. the truck in non mandated, when pulling hard i get 32-33 PSI boost, i have to let off otherwise the EGT would climb over 1000, i keep an eye on that pretty close. not sure of the condition of the temp and intake pressure sensors. i get low fuel pressure codes once the truck gets hot and is idling. if i raise the idle slightly the amber light goes out. Ive put a clear hose on the fuel circut between the fuel filter housing and the IFSM, zero bubbles.

basically im trying to tinker with one thing at a time so i dont confuse one action with an unrelated result.

Cheers,
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... - CandianJake - 06-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.