Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
10-28-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
(10-28-2016 )Sergiu Wrote:  My back timing actuators was leaking I guess bad gasket, but either way I pulled it off and measured the shaft side play. It was 9 thou' of an inch. So I decided to buy a recon one for 430$ at cummins in Orlando, FL. I measured it too, and it shown 5 thou' of an inch. I decided to ask where the dealer took the recon parts, and they gave me the number for Associated Fuel in Georgia. I called them, they said they do not recon actuators because nobody sells parts for it so they can't help me any further on this question.
If someone else has the same experience please share, I wish ask what your side play threshold was on new or recon parts. Thanks!

picture sharing

Yes, many of the recon actuators have more side-play than new ones. It seems to be ok, because there is no step in the plunger from excess wear. I am thinking they are polishing the old ones down/removing the step in them if they aren't too bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... - Rawze - 10-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.