Carbon Cleaning with Walnut Blasting
07-03-2018, (Subject: Carbon Cleaning with Walnut Blasting ) 
RE: Carbon Cleaning with Walnut Blasting
First I have the same issue and spent Sunday pulling intake off and cleaning .....maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch of soot on intake in head ...I opted to clean what I could a plastic screw driver and stiff brush always pulling material out. The discussion? I opt to go with Rawze on that it will hopefully over time clean itself if you repair what caused to begin with, far from perfect but sometimes you got to play the cards your delt. Blasting walnut shells? I have used many different methods for cleaning, steam cleaner, high pressure water, sand blasters and any time I am using them in a blind situation then stop and look? I usually missed half what I was trying to get ... like how'd I miss that? its half inch from nozzle? It rarely cleans like you would think. I'm sure you will get a lot out but? Keep us posted please as these engines get older there will be many with this problem. Mine has 205,000 miles and 17,000 hours.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carbon Cleaning with Walnut Blasting - imalumberjack - 07-03-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.