Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
08-18-2018, (Subject: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. ) 
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
The new ECM did not fix the stutter problem. Thanks to MommaBurt for programming the new one.

I did pull the entire wire harness from the black colored plug which is the truck side of the ECM, around the back of the engine and plugs into the passenger side firewall. I hand searched the 6 wires associated with the throttle peddle. 2 signal wires and one 5 volt power wire were twisted together. I found some very questionable grooves and wear marks on the insulation of the wires from where the split wire loom protector had worn into the wires. I soldered in all 3 wires and it appears the problem has been resolved. Also after stripping some of the insulation off the questionable wires, I found the copper had changed color. It went from bright clean copper to slightly darker copper. I don't know if this was the problem but it was a difference that should be mentioned. There was no tell tale green corrosion or broken wire in any of the questionable wires.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Kid Rock , zero4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. - Chamberpains - 08-18-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.