3 cylinder fuel pump info
02-20-2017, (Subject: 3 cylinder fuel pump info ) 
3 cylinder fuel pump info
Hey guys, I am still running the old style 3 cylinder fuel pump. I have had no problems, but getting on 600K and it appears the banjo fittings on the gear pump are starting to weep a bit and so is the gasket at the front gear housing. I had planned to just buy a gasket and some sealing washers but when I got on the forum to glean some info I found all of the horror stories about ceramic plunger failure...YIKES! So my questions are:
1) do all the 3cyl pumps have ceramic plungers?

2)If so has anyone heard of a steel valve kit for the 3cyl pumps?

3)Was the Cummins campaign to replace these things, only covered in the event of failure or was it actually a recall? (I believe it is no longer active and all I can find only mention coverage in the event of a failure).

I have seen the 2cyl short block kit, and the 2cyl upgrade kit but it seems crazy to have to buy a whole new pump, and all the conversion brackets, lines, etc.. The Cummins TSB said they will still sell parts for 3cyl pumps until they run out of stock. As always thanks for any info you send my way...

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
3 cylinder fuel pump info - JMBT - 02-20-2017
RE: 3 cylinder fuel pump info - Unilevers - 02-21-2017,
RE: 3 cylinder fuel pump info - Unilevers - 03-03-2017,
RE: 3 cylinder fuel pump info - Unilevers - 03-03-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.