Face Plugged DOC
03-30-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
Face Plugged DOC
Hi guys. Love all the info on this forum.

My question this morning is about the doc (diesel oxidation catalyst). I'm here at the OEM shop for ISX in Rock Island, IL. The engine is the ISX cm2250 in a 2012 386 Peterbilt 691,000 miles 550 hp 1850 torque. I got here last night with a check engine light. I think the code he read was a 3376 & they performed a manual regen while hooked to insite for 4.5 hours. At the end of their shift they said they weren't exactly sure where the problem was. The morning shift started right away on the truck. I was told about an hour ago that the DOC was face plugged. Here is where it gets good. I asked the service guy how this was possible because I just had this very same shop perform an overhead adjustment. I also had them perform a complete emissions after treatment clean & replace with new where necessary on all emissions related components. They installed a new DPF & cleaned all sensors. I was told everything looked great. This work was done last week March 22, 2017. His answer was that he's not sure. They are pulling the DOC as I type this. He said they would come get me when they had it off so I could look it over with them.

My question is has anyone else had this same problem within 4000 miles of having their after treatment maintenance performed?

Once the truck is repaired I'll continue on to my delivery in North Carolina. When I'm done with the delivery. I head to Louisiana to reload next week. I'll be going through Hotlanta on my way. I'd love to have Mr. RAWZE & or Mr. Hagg take a closer look at her if they have time to see if they could help me understand & gain more knowledge on these emissions ISX engines. The OEM shop techs all seem to be pretty tight lipped about the ongoing emissions related sensors & problems. I also had the DEF filter & forward nox sensor replaced about 4 weeks ago in Greensboro, NC.

Sorry for the long winded post. I stay on top of maintaining my equipment & I'm just very frustrated with the lack of concern that their customers are being bled dry financially from the OEM's on their product.

Thank you in advance guys. Take care & be safe out there.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Face Plugged DOC - Shotgun74 - 03-30-2017
RE: Face Plugged DOC - in2trux - 03-30-2017,
RE: Face Plugged DOC - Nilao - 03-30-2017,
RE: Face Plugged DOC - Rawze - 03-30-2017,
RE: Face Plugged DOC - in2trux - 03-31-2017,
RE: Face Plugged DOC - Eska - 07-23-2017,
RE: Face Plugged DOC - dhirocz - 08-06-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.