Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
08-13-2017, (Subject: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... ) 
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
I ordered in and put in the Sta Lube on my truck this week. I am glad I read some other opinions, there are a lot of guys out there who are recommending 10-30 in the ISX. That never felt right with me. An engine moving that kind weight using that kind of force seems to me needs more viscosity. But....then again my 2015 suburban runs on 0-w20 because the bearing clearances are so tight.

Ended up finding a good deal on Jet.com for 15-40 delo and also put in the sta lube. When you think about it, really think about it, it makes too much sense.

Also my engine has a few leaks, and I can't bring myself to put in any kind of stop leak on it. Stop leak kinda sounds like restrict flow to me....and oil is cheap you can just put in more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... - tlzimmerman - 08-13-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.