Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum).
10-28-2018, (Subject: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum). ) 
RE: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum).
(10-27-2018 )shoe128 Wrote:  its not allabout the rolling resistance nubbers traction and wr aswell ...

If you run light, rolling resistance does not do a lot for you. Wear should be considered along with the things you mentioned.

If you run medium to heavy however, rolling resistance is absolutely everything. It trumps wear/longevity and anything else by leaps and bounds in long term operating costs. Wear is not even a consideration at all because you save so much fuel with better rolling resistance than any tires that are cheaper that "wears less", that you save as much as 10x fuel savings alone during their life over the little bit of price differences between them.

If you can compare 2 low-roll tires and they are almost the same, but one "wears less", even then, it is a toss-up. The one that claims to wear less, is usually more expensive and the cost savings would likely never be seen, but who knows. - I say you can't go wrong either way, as you drives should last a long time any ways.

Lastly, if someone has to worry about drive tire costs all the time, they are replacing their tires too often. - THAT should be the main focus above all else. A good set of drives that are well cared for on a highway truck should last most people a minimum of 350+k miles and 400 - 450k+ miles if you drive them right. If someone is changing tires more often that that, then there had better be a good reason (off-roads, over 80k weights, etc.), and your freight rates should reflect this too. Higher operating costs = charge more money to your customers to offset it. Just a reminder that sometimes people focus on the wrong things when other, more expensive things should be resolved first.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum). - Rawze - 10-28-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.