2003 ISX suggestions needed
08-06-2017, (Subject: 2003 ISX suggestions needed ) 
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed
Up in Canada, Canadian Tire tools are great tools for the "in the truck" kit. They are lifetime warranty, and there are locations everywhere up here to get replacements. They also sell individual stuff to restock the pieces you will eventually lose from the kit. I've also got one of their "cheap" multi-meters in the truck. I also pack C-T torque wrenches in the truck for roadside/parking lot jobs.
I constantly watch eBay, Kijiji, and general google searches for used tools and deals all the time. I just found a 3162991 Jake brake breakout diagnostic tool on eBay for $150 with one broken switch, Cummins wanted >CA$700 for it here. Took it apart when it got here and found the part number for the switch and ordered one for $5.23...shipping is gonna cost more, but I'll have a $700 tool for under $200.
Deciding what to pack for tools and spares is a never ending decision. After owning trucks since 1993, I still haven't made up my mind yet...
My extra engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant, and W/W fluid is carried in gasoline jerry cans, takes up less room for more quantity, and they don't wear out or get leaky holes as easily.

I'm also not above going to buy cheapy whatever I need to do a job tools and supplies on the road either. That's why I have five 5 gallon pail pumps. Only got one from home...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed - Hammerhead - 08-06-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.