Fault Code: 482 PID: P094 SPN: 94 FMI:
08-16-2017, (Subject: Fault Code: 482 PID: P094 SPN: 94 FMI: ) 
Fault Code: 482 PID: P094 SPN: 94 FMI:
Fuel is overheating, and we get this code when it does. Code 94/482 After sitting all night take off, Trucks gets 7.5 mpgs as the day rolls on the fuel mileage drops to 4.5-5 Then during a full pull up a hill it will De-rate. untill the the fuel cools back down. If the tanks are full it takes longer for the fuel economy to start to drop. Last night the fuel overheated with the truck just idling after about 3 hours. (low on Fuel) Code came on. (Alternator on the APU went out!!) Normally don't idle the truck.

Engine Coolant and Oil Temp is Normal.

Truck is a 2012 386 Pete ISX 400, It has 750 on the clock, I have done a cylinder balance test it will Idle on 1 cylinder, All cylinders. We put a longer fuel liter on it and it seem to help. (Take longer to over heat). I change the oil every 18K Last Oil Sample was Normal. Change the fuel Sep every oil change and the High Pressure Fuel filter every other. I run 1 Gallon of Gear oil every Oil change, and I put a gallons of Trans fluid in the tanks every Oil change, I have 5 of these trucks, All Identical. No other truck has this problem. It starts right up. It will Drag 80K up a Mountain in 9th with out too much trouble. (when fuel is FULL) Map Sensor has been replaced and We clean it regularly.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fault Code: 482 PID: P094 SPN: 94 FMI: - tbrink54 - 08-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.