ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
09-11-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
Pulled in to the shipper Friday evening, go to slide tandems and open doors and hear a loud HISS... Walk around truck, easy to find, sleeper cab strut/airbag has a hole in the bag. Well, I figured I would chance it and take the load, everything went fine. Next morning, Saturday, called the dealer, I wanted TWO of these units, not one, TWO for obvious reasons... Justin only has one in stock, $391 out the door, told him to order another one. Installed the new bag, real easy to do... Right side of cab was now a good inch and a half higher than the left side with the old bag... Shook my head knowing full well the outcome of all of this... ;-)

Get her all together and wonder how long it will be before the other bag fails... Well, that took all of two minutes! LOL! Leaking like a sieve! Watching the air pressure gauge on the dash crash... Air pouring out of the old bag from the seam at the strut and at the airline nipple...

Moral to the story, if one bag goes, replace them both. But, I knew that, just letting you all know my experience.

Also, upon removal of the cab shock, I would say these were the original bags from the looks of things on the frame rail and mount. My truck is quickly approaching one million miles, so I really cannot complain.

Lost a steer tire last week, had to install two new ones and a wheel...

The hits just keep coming. ;-)

Am I just stubborn or stupid? LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... - Waterloo - 09-11-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.