Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
10-11-2017, (Subject: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? ) 
Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
When it rains, it pours.

Just finished buying just about everything for the steer axle of my truck. New slacks, drums, shoes, s cam bushing kit, springs, wheel bearings...trying to make it right.

Trying to correct my rigs prior life as a company truck

So my CAC is leaking. It was leaking slightly over the last couple weeks and decided it wanted to start leaking alot...right after fixing all my other boost leaks. I figure the extra strain on the original CAC from fixing all the other leaks probably did it. Go figure.

The engine will make boost, all the way up over 35psi if I let it, but will no longer create pressure at idle, and fails a pressure test. Won't hold 20psi for more than a few seconds, drops fairly quickly, and of course, poor mileage and higher than normal boost #'s regardless of speed.

So my KW dealer is usually pretty decent on parts prices, but the lowest they can go on the CAC out the door is $1500 with the install kit. Is it me or does that seem really high?!? Trying to make sure before I bite the bullet...I don't see anywhere to get a Paccar branded CAC other than the dealer.

Truck info below.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Wait...my CAC is how much?!? - dhirocz - 10-11-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.