A Tale of Two Injector Sets
11-10-2017, (Subject: A Tale of Two Injector Sets ) 
RE: A Tale of Two Injector Sets
I was taking a bit of a break this afternoon from doing a service on the truck and a friend called to have a bit of a rant. His truck is also a Volvo with Volvo D13 power but a couple years newer than mine. He just got out of the shop after doing injectors again and he said he was still on warranty, so it's still under 800000 km.

If I remember right he said the factory set lasted about 350000km. The second set about the same and the last set about 3 months. Good thing it's on warranty, he'd be going broke quickly at $4700 per 6 pack plus fitting.

He's in a little bit different boat than I am as I'm just trying to make my truck last another few years then I can hang things up and play with my toys. He's only in his 30's and with the injector problems he flat out said he loves the Volvo truck, but he's really not sure if he wants another Volvo engine. It really does seem there are no viable options anymore.

He also mentioned with the leaky injectors his fuel consumption was 32 - 33 L/100km and after they were replaced it was up to 44 L/100km. Could this be something as simple as they weren't adjusted correctly?

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tale of Two Injector Sets - kryten - 11-10-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.