timing and metering actuators
11-27-2017, (Subject: timing and metering actuators ) 
RE: timing and metering actuators
Morning group...... so to make a long story short if you have the coil in your hand with or without the metering half and you decide to check the solenoid (coil ) to see if it is functioning properly .... an easy the way i found what works very well is to compress the metering plate gently in its hole and you will find that the more you squeeze the metering plate down or should i say further in to the coil... the higher the resistance so by theory if you had all of the coils out and 1 had some crud inside or it was jammed in some way open the ohm meter would directly show on that particular solenoid (coil) more resistance. if you take a DM and with the coil fully assembled and you push something non abrasive through the fuel journal to test where the coil is positioned you will find the resistance will increase meaning the metering plate is not sitting in its normal position if the rest of the coils show the same resistance you can definitely tell that there is an issue with the one showing higher resistance.......i hope this explains everything better and not trying to argue but help and grow just my opinion and findings thats all .!!!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: timing and metering actuators - 3_milly871 - 11-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.