CM2250, fuel leak mystery, please help!!
01-26-2018, (Subject: CM2250, fuel leak mystery, please help!! ) 
CM2250, fuel leak mystery, please help!!
Ok guys, so I just pulled all my injectors and fuel supply tubes to replace my valve guide seals! I put everything back together and road tested, and the truck ran perfect, better then I ever remember, even when it was new!! I attribute this to super cleaning all the injector tips of the accumulated carbon. I did 3 leak tests and all only lost 220-300 psi in 60sec.
Ok so I took a load from KY to CA. Truck ran great the whole way and had no fuel leaks. However, when I was fueling up last night in Barstow, I noticed there was a puddle of Fuel sitting under the 5th injector supply tube where it goes into the head. I mean a lot of fuel! I cleaned it up and drove another couple hundred miles to my customer. When I got there the same Fuel puddle! The truck is still running superbly and I have done 14 leakdown tests since the job, with the same results. Even a cylinder cutout running on only cylinder 5, and it runs great.
My questions: if there is that much fuel leaking why wouldn’t it show itself on the leakdown or cutout tests??
Also why wouldn’t the truck stumble when running or have crappy performance??

I removed the fuel supply line and injector tube in the Lowe’s parking lot today and everything looks great. I cleaned everything re lubed the o ring and put everything back together at the proper torque specs. Still leaks....performance is still great... and leakdown still 200-300. I am at a los
I have ordered a new fuel connector, retainer, o ring, and supply tube and they will be in Monday morning but I still have no reason why it is leaking??? Any help or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM2250, fuel leak mystery, please help!! - JMBT - 01-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.