Drive line noise mystery? Solved
02-09-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
RE: Drive line noise mystery?
I like the idea of a GoPro for certain things. I've monitored smoke coming out my stack during shifting and accelerating with one before. But the wind noise would overpower the speaker so you couldn't hear anything. Having it up off the ground all you have to compete with is the engine running. You can hear a rear end starting to whine, a tick of a U joint that may be clicking, slight grinding of a bearing at certain speeds, some of those harmonic sounds you get at certain speeds causing loose bolts and body parts to rattle. There are numerous things that you can pick up on as a human walking around hearing it then opposed to a camera picking it up and then trying to hear it or see it. But I like the safety, comfort, and ease of using a camera thats for sure.

I've also gone on rides out side of the cab and on top of the deck of trailers at highway speeds to see, hear and feel what a driver is complaining about. I figure it's no different than riding in the bed of a pickup truck or riding a motorcycle. You just take a couple extra safety measures with a tractor trailer. But I do find this method a bit more nerve-wracking then just having the truck static in a shop. Thinking about it now, I kind of wish I had a GoPro back then (late 90's-early 2000's). Video Technology wasn't that great then. I probably wouldn't have gone on those stupid rides. Even better yet, if I had access to a Pocket Rawze (cellphone with internet connection) life as a Tech. would've been a hell of a lot easier.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , alborz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drive line noise mystery? - 5022 - 02-09-2018,
RE: Drive line noise mystery? - Chamberpains - 02-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.