Driveshaft alignment
02-13-2018, (Subject: Driveshaft alignment ) 
Driveshaft alignment
Finally be headed home in the next couple of days. Army thought it was a good idea to send me to school for a month to learn how to be a truck driver...:huh:

Before I left, I noticed my main driveshaft was crooked. What I mean is, it's phased properly, but it is off maybe 3 or 4 degrees compared to the intermediate shaft, at the carrier bearing. Driveshafts were recently rebuilt with Spicer components and balanced.

It rides much better, but there is still a little shake to it, only over 50. I'm thinking I may need to make a tool to make sure the main shaft and intermediate shaft are straight with each other. Any particular input on this?

Also will be using an angle meter and seeing what my driveshaft angles are at. I know when I got the truck, the ride height was too high and it rode like shi#t as a result. I brought it back down to kw spec and it handled much better. I'm kind of thinking to adjust the ride height to get as close to an identical angle reading between the two as possible. Your thoughts?

Truck will be paid off next month. I want to make sure I'm taking good care of it.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Driveshaft alignment - dhirocz - 02-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.